Throughout my life I've been fortunate to have participated in many sports. My family and I grew up on a lake, so water has always been my happy place. Whether it was basketball, water polo, golf, or bodybuilding each weekend I was at the lake making memories. Growing up my parents supported me spending time in nature, going on adventures, and doing outdoor ropes course camps. Undoubtedly, all these activities heavily influenced who I am and how I work, which I am grateful for.
These days I spend much of my time outdoors hiking, as well as rock climbing. I have found rock climbing to be a direct metaphor for how I coach, teach others, as well as how I train myself. For me, climbing requires dynamic problem solving, as I am faced with mental and physical challenges that I have to deal with in the moment. Climbing also requires strength and patience, as well as the ability to stay calm and focused to find my way. On top of that, you need good joint mobility and resiliency to mitigate injuries and have more options to solve a problem. The metaphor is pretty accurate for my work! Above all else, continuing to have fun and be engaged in a playful way are of great importance to me.
I am a Licensed Manual Therapist, Functional Range Release and Postural Restoration Institute provider. I am also a Level 2 Strong First Girya Instructor and Functional Range Conditioning Mobility Specialist. If you're looking for gold standard soft tissue modalities, systems used by top professional teams, and scientific based coaching see my services page to find out how Human Animation Coaching and Bodywork can help you.
- BS Kinesiology, CSU Sacramento
- Certified and Licensed Massage Therapist
- Functional Range Release, Total Body Certified
- Functional Range Conditioning Mobility Specialist
- Postural Restoration Institute (Pelvis Restoration, Postural Respiration, Impingement and Instability, Myokinematics)
- Strong First Girya Level II Instructor
- National Academy of Sports Medicine - Performance Exercise Specialist
- Certified RockTape Level 1&2 Provider